The CFP for the IEEE Release Engineering 3.0 Special Issue is now open. Submissions are due August 1, 2017 and the issue will be published March/April 2018.
We are looking for a mix of research papers and experience papers from people who work in industry. From the CFP, possible topics include:
- best practices for code movement (branching or integration);
- continuous integration and testing;
- infrastructure as code;
- package and dependency management;
- software deployment and delivery;
- code signing and certificate management;
- continuous delivery, deployment, installation, and updates;
- feature toggles or flags;
- cloud provisioning and management;
- interaction with mobile-app stores;
- principles and automated techniques for release planning;
- release engineering for safety-critical systems (healthcare, automotive, and so on);
- experience reports on adoption of modern release-engineering techniques; and
- pipeline security or testing.
We’d love to hear some great release engineering stories, let me know if have any questions regarding possible topics or the submission process!